How you do business matters
Sustainability and good business go hand in hand. Energy efficiency results in cost savings and environmentally friendly practices enhance brand reputation. But there’s more: your business choices make a world of difference.
You are one of 18,000 businesses in Ottawa – imagine the impact all your actions combined have on our city. Choices that may seem small – like which lightbulbs you use in your warehouses, or what kind of energy you use to cool your offices – could help Ottawa make or break its target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions by 80% by 2050.
Cities play a crucial role in assuring environmental sustainability and in the fight against Climate Change. By joining Carbon613, we are proud to work with stakeholders, community partners and our residents to ensure that we leave a green and sustainable legacy to our future generationsJim Watson, City of Ottawa Mayor
Interested in joining Carbon 613?
Fill out our quick form by December 31st, 2019, and receive
a FREE Sustainability Assessment (valued at $250)*
a chance to win Sarah Kaplan’s new book The 350 degree Corporation
Carbon 613 – sustainability solutions for local businesses
Carbon 613 is an EnviroCentre program that supports Ottawa enterprises looking to green their operations. It is membership-based, so you’ll be joining a network of 25+ local business with an interest in sustainability. We’ll get you there by providing:
- Customized solutions for your business
- Access to networking opportunities, public recognition events, and sustainability tours
- Communications support to communicate your green practices and values to the wider community
Is Carbon 613 right for you?
Carbon 613 is best suited to SMEs (small and medium-sized enterprises) and non-profits that:
- Are based in or around Ottawa
- Own the buildings they operate out of, have operational control of their business facilities, or own a fleet
- Are able to join Carbon 613 for a minimum of 2 years and dedicate at least 10 staff hours per year to the program
- Are open to considering making changes to their business practices
Still not sure? Fill out this quick form to find out whether our program is the right fit for your business!
What our members say
Joel Lalonde, President & CEO, Your Credit Union
Your Credit Union is proud to be a member of Carbon 613. The program provides us with concrete tools and knowledge to track and understand our energy use and helps us set targets and stay accountable. Carbon 613 is an instrumental part of our sustainability mandate.
Mike Gifford, founder of Open Concept
It has never been as important as it is now for organizations to be able to adapt and to do so quickly to our environmental reality. Having a local community of organizations that are working to reduce their negative impacts makes the adoption of best practices at Open Concept much easier. Thanks Carbon 613 for pulling this list of organizations together!
Learn more about Carbon 613
Read Carbon 613’s Annual Report for 2018
Discover how Carbon 613 members are greening their businesses. Highlights include:
- The City of Ottawa sets a corporate target to reduce emissions by 20% by 2024
- Hydro Ottawa establishes a green team
- The Canadian Museum of Nature retrofits a historical building
- Electronic Distributors International increases the fuel efficiency of their fleet
- Alt Hotel installed new water meters on their laundry machines to reduce energy consumption
Visit Carbon 613’s website
Visit Carbon 613’s website to discover which other Ottawa businesses are part of the network. You’ll also find a calendar of our upcoming events.
Sign up for the Carbon 613 newsletter
Every month we share best practices, information, and insights relevant to businesses with an interest in sustainability.
Discover the national movement
Find out how Green Economy Canada is working to develop a national network of Green Economy Hubs like Carbon 613.
Meet the team
Carbon 613 Business Development and Program Manager
Carbon 613 Member Engagement Coordinator
Senior Energy Analyst at Carbon 613 and EnviroCentre