To celebrate EnviroCentre’s 20th anniversary we’re organizing a Bicycle Ball – a fast-paced evening event that hopes to shine a light on the benefits of sustainable lifestyles in a new and exciting way.
We hope it will be the first of many Bicycle Balls! This inaugural edition will be taking place on September 27th, 2019, at the Horticulture Building from 6:45 pm – 10:30 pm.
Come to our Bicycle Ball
Enjoy a night of live music, fun, food, and entertainment, all in sustainable style, celebrating and supporting a sustainable Ottawa. Hosted in the beautiful Horticulture Building at Lansdowne, guests will meander through a low-carbon retro street-scape, calling to mind our past and pondering what is possible in our low-carbon future. We invite our guests to party like it’s 2050, while enjoying:
- MC by Live 88.5’s David Schellenberg
- Signature locally sourced cocktails and plant-based apps
- DJ sets by JFUN
- Live swing band sets, by The John Avondale Orchestra
- Live dance performance sets by Side Street Swing and Moov Ottawa
- Live performance by Apollo the Child and Mini Cirque
- Indigenous and Historical Storytelling
- Vintage bicycle expo by Retro-Rides, and the Museum of Science and Technology
- Interactive live painting and collaborative visioning
- Cash bar by Thyme and Again, supporting the Ottawa Sustainability Fund
- Complimentary transportation by OC Transpo and/or discounted Lyft service
- Secure Bike Valet
- Silent Auction
- And more…!
Be it bicycles, music, food, dance, or just a good time with friends, the Bicycle Ball will be a night to remember – and all in support of local environmental non-profit, EnviroCentre, and the Ottawa Sustainability Fund. Come share your vision, show your sustainable style and party into the low-carbon future.
We’ll also be hosting a Silent Auction at the Bicycle Ball! You can check out a preview of some of the great items you could take home knowing you have supported a great cause – the Ottawa Sustainability Fund!
Check out the preview here.
We’d love for you to join us at the Bicycle Ball. Here are a few ways you can get involved:
- Come to the Bicycle Ball – it’ll be a blast! Buy your ticket online here.
- Sponsor the event – we have sponsorship options for all pocket sizes! Learn more here.
- Tell your friends about it! Share our invite on your social media or by email to let them know it is happening! We’ll be really … spoked if you do!
- Have ideas, suggestions, or questions? Reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Thank you to our sponsors and partners!
A special thank you to the organizations helping to make this event possible.
Silver Sponsor – Climate Defender
Bronze Sponsors – Climate Advocate
General Sponsors – Climate Supporters
A special thank you for the support of City Councillors
The Bicycle Ball – Live Acts
Streetdancing by Moov Ottawa – Swingdancing by Side Street Swing – DJ set by JFUN – Stiltwalking and mime act by Andrée Rainville – Swingin’ tunes by the John Avondale Orchestra – Indigenous Storytelling by Monique Manatch – Historical Storytelling by Randy Boswell- Spoken Word Poetry by Apollo the Child – -Live Painting & Visioning byEve Blouin & Corinne Blouin … and more!
Find out more!
Tips on Dressing for the Bicycle Ball
EnviroCentre’s inaugural Bicycle Ball is coming up fast. But how do you dress for it? Read our top four tips on dressing for a low carbon event.
How to get to the Bicycle Ball
You don’t have to ride a bike to come to the ball. Find out the best 4 ways to travel to the event in low-carbon style.
Bicycle Ball FAQs
All your Bicycle Ball questions answered in one place. Read our Bicycle Ball FAQs here.