OTTAWA, ON — EnviroCentre and the Sparks Street BIA have teamed up to bring you the Living Lightly Event on Thursday, June 8th from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
A brand new event in Ottawa, the Living Lightly Event is a chance to learn how to lighten your environmental impact. “Our goal is to make sustainability as practical and accessible as possible,” says Elyse McCann, Manager of Outreach and Engagement for EnviroCentre. “The booths are interactive and experiential, with an emphasis on learning and doing.”
The event will feature Ottawa’s leaders in sustainability, including
- MP Catherine McKenna, Minister of the Environment & Climate Change
- Somerset Ward Councillor Catherine McKenney
- Ottawa Riverkeeper, Ottawa Public Health and Water Rangers: an interactive water-tasting booth and information on citizen science and DIY water quality testing.
- Learn all about LEDs, what to look for in a bulb (colour temperatures, luminosity) and how to calculate your electrical footprint from Lightenco and Hydro Ottawa.
- An interactive LED Light Display from Rimikon
- Among many others, including Escape Bike Tours, the Canadian Parks and Wilderness Society, City of Ottawa Public Works and Environmental Services, Sustainable Enterprise Alliance, Ecology Ottawa and Live 88.5, Canada’s first and only carbon neutral radio station.
Join EnviroCentre and over 20 other organizations to celebrate Environment Week and learn something new about living sustainably.
– 30 –