Everything you need to know to unlock savings when renovating your home. The added bonus? You’ll be helping the planet too.
Did you know that more than 80% of Green House Gas GHG) emissions in Canada come from energy? And that 81% of energy consumptions in homes is used to heat the spaces we live in and the water we use to wash, clean, and cook? That gives you some idea of just what a huge difference having a more energy efficient home can make to the environment.
The good news is that improving the efficiency of your home isn’t just good for the planet, but for your pocket too. As not only can you save significant amounts off your monthly energy bills, but you may also qualify for rebate programs that can get you as much as $5,000 of your renovation costs back.
Our mission at EnviroCentre is to help Ottawans find ways to reduce their environmental impact. Which is why we work with energy providers like Enbridge Gas and Union Gas to help homeowners make their homes more energy efficient.
Renovations/upgrades can include:
- Basement, exterior wall or attic insulation
- Air sealing
- Furnace/Boiler upgrades
- Water Heater upgrades
- Window/door/skylight upgrades
To qualify you need to:
- Own a detached, semi-detached, row town house, or mobile home on a permanent foundation.
- Live within the Enbridge Gas Inc. or Union Gas distribution area.
- Contact us to book your initial energy assessment before getting started on your renovations (the cost of this is $400 + HST).
- Complete 2 or more eligible upgrades after we conduct your initial energy assessment (we can let you know what upgrades are eligible).
- Have us back for a quick follow-up assessment once your upgrades have been completed, and within 120 days of your initial energy assessment for the program (the cost of this is $200 + HST).
The maximum $5,000 rebate includes $550 to cover the cost of both energy assessments, in addition to the rebate amounts for the individual upgrades and possible bonus incentives.
We know that technicalities can sound daunting, so why not just give us a call and we’ll be happy to tell you more about the upgrades that are included and whether you are eligible for the rebates.
Contact EnviroCentre at 613 656 0100 ext. 2 or toll free at 1-877-580-2582.
To find out more about what an Energy Assessment involves download our Beginners Guide to Home Energy Assessments.