Job Summary: EnviroCentre is looking for a Program Coordinator to join the Community Sustainability Team, who will coordinate our Transportation Demand Management (TDM) Services. The primary role will be to oversee the planning and delivery of the TravelWise Program, and support the participating members. The ideal candidate will have knowledge of TDM services and programs, and understand the transportation planning occurring in Ottawa.
- Oversee the planning and delivery of the TravelWise Program as required to meet the project/contract objective and deliverables.
- Provide support to, and liaise with, the participating members and ensure they are successfully moving through the program elements.
- Communicate and liaise with representatives from the City of Ottawa to ensure proper delivery of TDM program.
- Maintain tracking documents associated with reporting requirements and monitor member activities, including project activities and finances.
- Develop program tools and materials, including tips sheets, reference sheets, and promotional materials.
- Conduct research on TDM best practices, innovations and case studies.
- Maintain effective working relationships with partners and stakeholders, and identify opportunities for cross promotion and collaboration.
- Maintain program files, including hard copy and electronic files.
- Manage data collection, analysis, and reporting related to contracts and projects.
- Order and coordinate program/project inventory, materials, and stock.
- Organize and deliver outreach/events as required, with support from the team.
- Participate in internal EnviroCentre committees and activities which support broader organizational objectives.
- Work in accordance with applicable health and safety legislation, policies and procedures.
- Other duties as required.
Job Requirements (Education, Experience, Skills and Knowledge):
- Post-secondary education in a related field or equivalent experience in a professional environment (Urban Planning, Geography, Environmental Sustainability).
- 2+ years professional experience in a related field.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and communication skills, including experience working with the business community.
- Strong project management skills, able to manage deadlines and effectively problem-solve issues.
- Experience with survey design and data analysis.
- Experience maintaining budgets and reporting.
- Experience with contract management.
- Knowledgeable in transportation planning, particularly in Ottawa.
- Excellent writing skills and ability to communicate ideas clearly.
- Computer proficiency with MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel, and Power Point).
- Experience with design software including InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop.
- A general understanding of sustainability and environmental concerns.
- Ability to ride a bicycle on road and multi-use pathways required.
- Bilingualism (English/French) a strong asset.
- Driver’s License an asset.
- Ability to innovate and think creatively.
- Analytical ability to solve problems with timely and practical solutions.
- Ability to work independently and be self-directed.
- Strong verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills as well as the ability to work both within a team and independently .
- Client service focused and competency dealing with people.
- Ability to liaise with partners and stakeholders.
- Detail oriented.
- Open office environment with frequent computer use.
- Lifting equipment such as the event tent and bike trailer(s).
- Evening and weekend work occasionally required.
- Will require attendance at offsite meetings.
- May require overtime.
Other incentives offered by EnviroCentre:
- Group Benefits package (available after 3-month probationary period).
- Bike fleet available for use during work hours.
- Inclusion in business membership to VrtuCar, Ottawa’s car sharing service.
Please submit your CV and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org or in person at EnviroCentre, 326 Somerset Street West. Note: If dropped off in person, please also send an electronic copy.
Closing date: Thursday, May 23, 2019
Anticipated start date: end of June (sooner if possible)
Please note – We thank all applicants for their interest, but only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
EnviroCentre welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. If contacted for an employment opportunity, please let us know if you require any accommodations to ensure you can participate fully and equally during the recruitment and selection process.