Apply for the Ottawa Sustainability Fund
The Ottawa Sustainability Fund supports local environmental projects to advance community environmental action, with a vision of making Ottawa a more sustainable city. Registered charities can receive up to $10,000.
Thank you to all those who participated in the Call for Proposals this year.
Stay tuned for the application dates in 2019!
Proposals submitted to the OSFund will be reviewed by the Advisory Committee, which is comprised of volunteers from various sectors and EnviroCentre staff. The selected project is submitted to the Ottawa Community Foundation for a second review.
In order to apply for an OSFund Grant, your organization must be registered with the Canada Revenue Agency as a charitable organization. Not-for-profit status does not qualify your organization unless partnered with a charity for this project/program for which you are applying.
The OSFund awards grants to a variety of environmental projects or programs. However, primary consideration will be given to projects and programs that:
- contribute to greenhouse gas emissions reduction and have a measurable impact
- are innovative and address evolving environmental issues and climate change
- engage partners, volunteers, and foster collaboration.
If you are unsure if or how your program/project can contribute to this objective, please contact us.
For a successful application, please download and review the following:
- Granting Guidelines (PDF)
- Budget Template (Excel)
- Workplan (Word)
- Charitable Partnership Agreement (PDF)
- Final Report (PDF) – for reference only, final reports will be submitted online following the completion of the project/program
- Application Questions (Word) – for reference only, applications must be submitted using the online form