There are so many actions you can take in your everyday life to reduce your environmental impact. Sometimes, it’s the small things you do every day that make the greatest difference.
Here are some of our Green Lifestyle tips. We hope they will inspire you to make the best choices to fit your lifestyle!
- Planet Friendly Plant HangersIf you’re looking to transform any part of your home in a sustainable way, you can easily make your own plant hanger with scrap material lying around your home!
- Lemony Rice and Lentils with Caramelized OnionsRice and lentils are a classic combo in diets around the world and are great staples in a plant-based diet.
- Air Sealing for Doors and WindowsLearn a simple and DIY solution to ensuring your doors and windows stay sealed! This is a great and cheap way to increase the energy efficiency of your home.
- Fast Fashion: The Real CostMany consumers follow fashion trends and purchase designer brands. Today, it’s possible to buy popular and inexpensive designer clothing, and even get it delivered right to your door.
- Low-Carbon Vegetable BrothGet more out of your vegetable scraps before composting them and reduce waste by avoiding store-bought containers of vegetable broth.
- Green BeatDelivered to your virtual doorstep every Saturday morning, Green Beat is our weekly digest of suggested reading, viewing, listening, and doing during the COVID-19 lockdown.
- Savoury Chickpea PancakeLow-carbon recipes are mindful of the energy and resources that go into producing, packaging, and transporting food.
- Make Your Own Planet-Friendly Green Bin-Liner!There are lots of ways to be green in our homes, and one of the easiest is to use yesterday’s news to line your green bin.
- Make Your Own Planet Friendly Beeswax WrapIf you’re looking to replace those plastic zip-locks and are done getting tangled up in cling-film, look no further than our DIY natural beeswax wraps.
- Brothy BeansLearn a simple and DIY solution to ensuring your doors and windows stay sealed! This is a great and cheap way to increase the energy efficiency of your home.
- Make Your Own Planet Friendly Foaming Hand SoapMaking your own household products is easier than it sounds. And foaming hand soap is especially easy – it only requires four ingredients!
- Issue #1: Green BeatWelcome to Green Beat, EnviroCentre’s new weekly digest of suggested reading, viewing, listening, and doing. We’ll be delivering Green Beat to your virtual doorstep every Saturday morning and hope to provide you with inspiring ways to continue caring for our planet.
- Low-Carbon Chocolate CakeThis week’s low-carbon recipe is for a delicious chocolate cake. Not your typical low carbon recipe! But we all need some sweetness in our lives, right?
- Low Carbon French ToastLow-carbon recipes are mindful of the energy and resources that go into producing, packaging, and transporting food.