Are you planning to renovate your home? Improve the energy efficiency of your home and get up to $5,000 of your renovation costs back!
EnviroCentre is working with Union Gas to offer their Home Reno Rebate program to homeowners looking to make their homes more energy efficient.
Renovations/upgrades can include:
- Basement, exterior wall or attic insulation
- Air sealing
- Furnace/Boiler upgrades
- Wood Burning System upgrades
- Water Heater upgrades
- Window/door/skylight upgrades
Great – I’m interested! How do I qualify?
You need to:
- Heat your home with an oil, natural gas, or propane boiler/furnace OR wood stove (electric heated homes not included)
- Own a detached, semi-detached, row town house, or mobile home.
- Meet one of the following requirements:
- Union Gas customer or reside in Union Gas franchise area
- Kitchener Utility customer or reside in Kitchener
- Utilities Kingston customer or reside in Kingston
- Natural Resources Gas customer or reside in Natural Resources Gas franchise area
- Reside in these other districts
And you must:
- Do an energy assessment both before and after your renovation, with a maximum of 120 days between the first and second assessment allowed.
- Complete at least two eligible renovations.
Maximum $5,000 rebate includes up to $500 for both energy assessments. You pay the HST on the cost of the assessments.
I qualify! What’s next?
Contact EnviroCentre at 613-656-0100 ext.1 or toll free at 1-877-580-2582 ext. 1 to learn more about the program and the renovations and upgrades included, and to book an energy assessment. (Cost of an energy assessment is $350 + HST.)
EnviroCentre will schedule a date and time for one of our energy advisors to visit your home to complete a thorough energy assessment.
Once completed, EnviroCentre will provide you with a report on eligible renovations and upgrades.
After you have completed your renovations and upgrades, EnviroCentre will then schedule a post-renovation assessment.
Your advisor will collect and submit all the necessary paperwork to Union Gas. You will get your rebate cheque within 90 business days of submission.
I am not a Union Gas customer. Are there any rebates for me?
Yes! If you are an Enbridge customer, and are also planning to renovate your home and improve its energy efficiency, Enbridge Gas currently offers its Home Energy Conservation (HEC) Program.