Bike to Work Month – a happier commute!
Bike to Work Month is an annual campaign that promotes and encourages cycling as a viable and enjoyable commuting option.
Happening each May, registration is free and easy. Just by logging your commutes, you are eligible to win great prizes!
2016 Bike to Work Month Highlights
- 2553 people registered for Bike to Work Month
- 159 workplace teams were created820 people reported they were new to commuter cycling
- 338,368 km were logged by participants (approx. 8.5 times around earth!)
- 84,930 kg of green house gas emissions did not enter our atmosphere thanks to Bike to Work Month participants in May! (that’s equivalent to idling a car for 20,514 hours!)
- 25 workshops were given at workplaces throughout the city
- The Bike to Work team attended 20 community events with the BikeMobile, EnviroCentre’s pop-up pedal powered resource booth.
- Over $10,000 in prizes were distributed to both individual and workplace team winners.
Bike to Work Ottawa gets people cycling all year long!
Why should I bike to work?
With these great reasons, why not?
- Feel great!
- Arrive on time
- No traffic woes
- Save money
- Enjoy your community
- Emit smiles not carbon
- Reduce your stress
- Use your commute for getting a little exercise
- It’s convenient
- It’s a great way to start and end a workday.