Sustain Your Community is a three year initiative, working with three Ottawa communities to carry out projects that support citizen engagement while reducing greenhouse gas emissions.
Each community designs and implements their own sustainability initiatives that result in long-lasting benefits for themselves and their neighbours.
Sustain Your Community Goals:
- Reduce greenhouse gas emissions through energy & water conservation, sustainable mobility and food security.
- Increase participation and inclusion of all residents through engagement in local projects.
- Enhance community involvement through working groups, training and networking opportunities.
- Expand community green infrastructure through installations determined by local communities.
- Establish and maintain environmentally-focused, community-led social enterprises.
Residents of these three communities are making positive change right where they live on the following issues important to them:
Focus Areas: Food and Transportation
Focus Areas: Food, Energy and Transportation
We’re also happy to be working with OBEC on projects in Kanata North.
Focus Areas: Food and Energy
Sustain Your Community is generously funded by the Ontario Trillium Foundation.