Ottawa Sustainability Fund
The Ottawa Sustainability Fund (OSFund) is a volunteer-led grant program that exclusively funds local environmental projects and is affiliated with the Community Foundation of Ottawa and EnviroCentre.
Since its inception in 2006, the fund has contributed over $100, 000 in grants to Ottawa-based community projects and organizations. The funding provided by OSFund has allowed, for example:
- Healthbridge Foundation of Canada to implement its Bike Host Program, a program designed to improve equity among underserved immigrant populations by improving their access to mobility.
- RightBike, a Causeway social enterprise, to purchase cargo tricycles and bike racks providing a much needed non-polluting transportation option to families conscious of the need to find alternatives to using their car.
- Matthew House Refugee Services (Ottawa) to develop and deliver a recycling program within their refugee residence to residents, staff and volunteers teaching the importance of environmental stewardship, recycling and composting.
- Natural Step of Canada to put on the second phase of their IMPACT! Sustainability Champions program, a training program for young, emerging leaders to develop their sustainability projects and realize their leadership potential.
- The National Capital Environmental Nonprofit Network (NCENN) to be created. The first project to be funded by OSFund, the network fosters collaboration amongst environmental non-profit organizations across Eastern Ontario and Western Quebec.
What is their mission and vision?
Their mission is to harness individual, family, and corporate donations to advance community environmental action, with a vison of making Ottawa a sustainable city.
How much of my donation will go to OSFund projects?
Through the support of the Community Foundation of Ottawa and EnviroCentre, OSFund is able to give 100% of donations directly to local environmental projects.
I want to learn more!
To learn more about OSFund’s recent and past projects, please visit www.osfund.ca.