What is a home energy assessment?
An energy assessment is an in-depth inspection of the energy profile of your home.
Why should I get a home energy assessment?
An energy assessment identifies which upgrades to make to your home to improve its energy efficiency and indoor air quality, making your home healthy and comfortable.
Benefits of an assessment:
- Receive an EnerGuide label from Natural Resources Canada showing how your home rates;
- If recommended upgrades are completed, you will have:
- savings on your energy bills and your home’s operating costs;
- a healthy and comfortable home;
- an increased resale value of your home;
- a reduction in your environmental impact!
We offer three kinds of assessment services:
- Consultation service: A certified energy advisor (CEA) does a quick walk-through of your home identifying potential problems and providing recommendations for next steps.This service can be used by someone considering an insulation or air sealing upgrade and wants to get an additional quote or independent advice.
- Blower door visit: In addition to the consultation service, a CEA will do a blower door test.A blower door test identifies drafts and major air leaks in your home, helping to prioritize upgrades for increased savings, comfort and air quality.
- Energuide Energy Assessment: A CEA visits your home, collects data to create an energy model of your home and its insulation levels, takes note of your heating, cooling and ventilation systems, conducts a blower door test, and discusses your options.After the assessment, you will receive a report registered with Natural Resources Canada and an EnviroCentre-customized report giving you a payback table with recommended upgrades.
Other add-on services:
An electricity audit is a detailed assessment of the electricity use in your home, including billing analysis.
An electricity audit can be added to an existing home energy assessment, or can be done if a prior energy assessment was completed on the same house.
Infrared thermography assessments
This is an assessment which visually detects heat loss, moisture and air leakage issues in your home.