Free energy saving programs
Whether you own or rent a detached home, semi-detached home or row house, EnviroCentre, in cooperation with local utility companies, offers free programs to qualified mid- and low- income customers guaranteed to reduce your utility bill by decreasing your natural gas or electricity usage.
Our free programs can include:
- insulation upgrades
- draft sealing
- compact fluorescent lamps (CFL) light bulbs
- power bars with timers
- water conservation devices
- replacement of major appliances in your home
Where do I fit? I am a…
1. Union Gas or Enbridge Gas customer
EnviroCentre delivers these programs on behalf of Union Gas and Enbridge Gas using local energy advisors and insulation contractors.
2. Ottawa River Power Corporation customer
The Home Assistance Program replaces inefficient light bulbs with CFLs and power bars with timers, water conservation devices, and some major appliances in your home, free of charge for qualified customers.
The program can also provide free insulation and draft proofing upgrades if you heat your home with electricity.
EnviroCentre is a delivery agent for the IESO’s (Independent Electricity System Operator) Home Assistance Program. Working with the local distribution company, EnviroCentre is currently delivering the Home Assistance Program on behalf of Ottawa River Power Corporation.
How do I apply?
Contact EnviroCentre at 613-656-0100 ext.1 or toll free at 1-877-580-2582 ext. 1 to see if you qualify.
Download and complete the relevant application package from your energy supplier:
- Union Gas customer: application form (pdf)
- Enbridge Gas customer: application form (pdf)
- Ottawa River Power Corporation customer: application form (pdf) and consent form (pdf)
There are a number of ways to send in your completed applications:
- scan the forms and send them back via email
- fax the forms, with a cover sheet, to 613-562-3361
- mail them to our office: EnviroCentre, 326 Somerset Street West, Ottawa, Ontario, K2P 0J9
- We now also accept iPhone or smart phone pictures of the documents, as long as they are clear and easy to read.
Along with your signed and completed applications, please also include a Notice of Assessment from the Canada Revenue Agency or a statement of benefits from a government assistance program, as well as the account number on your utility bill.
The information you provide will be used solely for program purposes.
I have sent in my application, now what?
Upon receipt of your application, EnviroCentre will contact you to let you know if you and your home qualify. (Please allow for up to 15 business days for a response. Response may also fluctuate if high volumes of applications are received.)