More than ever, home owners are looking for ways to save money, and demand for Energy Audits is through the roof. Utility funded programs help people across Ontario reduce their energy consumption and save on their energy bill.
To keep up with all the requests, EnviroCentre needs more Registered Energy Advisors to join our team.
That’s where you come in.
What is a Registered Energy Advisor?
An Energy Advisor conducts home evaluations on behalf of a Service Organization (SO) licensed by Natural Resources Canada (NRCan). They measure air leakage and gather data to assist in determining where to prioritize energy efficient upgrades or renovations to the building envelope.
- Client relations (excellent command of the English language; written and verbal)
- Knowledge and interest in energy conservation
- Basic computer skills, including email, word processing, etc.
- Have good command of basic math, including at least high school geometry
- Engineering, architecture, home heating/cooling systems, or construction training background, or two year minimum in building/renovating industry
- Familiarity with building plans; home inspector training is helpful
- Knowledge of residential mechanical systems, building materials (insulation types, sealants, etc.)
- Understanding of energy efficient building practices, principles of “house-as-a-system”